Do you find yourself in a high stress/management position, spending most days bogged down with piles of paperwork? You could feel out of touch with your coworkers and colleagues. Sometimes there is not enough time in the day to connect face to face with the people you work with, causing morale to suffer. If this is the case, there are several effective ways to improve upon your listening skills.
1. Look at the other person- Eye contact is very important, it let’s the other person know that you are listening and have an interest in what they have to say.
2. Ask questions- By asking questions you can not only better understand what the persons saying but you are engaging them.
3. Don’t change the subject- You should not be the one leading the conversation. Listen and let the other person lead, let the person stay on the topic.
4. Express emotion with control – emotion is a form of non verbal feedback. A smile or a frown lets the person know that you understand what they are saying.
5. Action – If a question or concern is left unanswered, show that you will follow up, take action and return back with a response.
No related posts.